Monday, November 26, 2012

"... And Grace will lead me home"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofP8dpADwM&feature=youtube_gdata_player


When I left home I was one pissed off little girl. I felt resentment towards both myself and others, and had lost sight of the light and joy that lies within. I admit (ugh here it comes, I'm being so honest right now) a major motive for this trip was to get away. I tried very hard to convince myself otherwise, but the truth is I felt anger and sadness within me that I wanted to run away from as fast as I could in the opposite direction ( Opposite hemisphere and 7,000 miles away looked like a good spot).

But the funny thing about tying to run away is, it dosent really work. You can run away from things physically, but your emotions and true feelings come right along with you.

But here I am 9 weeks and many many adventures later, I'm no longer running away. I am home.

I've let myself feel the pain and anger that I needed to, and from that has come an incredible, abundant, explosive, feeling of joy and love once again. I feel at home again with myself and with my heart.

My favorite verse from my favorite hymn goes like this:

"Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come; 'Tis GRACE that brought be safe thus far and GRACE will lead me home"

Grace has led me back home even in opposite hemispheres and 7,000 miles away.

While many people have told me I am out changing the world, the world is actually changing me.


Xoxoxoox




No comments:

Post a Comment